Tuesday, August 04, 2020

COVID CUISINE, Part 1: July 4th Strawberry Tirimisu



I prepared this dessert to take along to the July 4th BBQ a friend was having--and to be honest, I should have stayed home, as I didn't feel comfortable with how lax they were with the social distancing restrictions etc.

July 4th was just two months since my mom passed away from COVID19. Our friends were pretty careless with the things they were saying about the pandemic and the requirement to wear masks. Actually, it truly angered me. I drank heavily just to numb myself and "self regulate" my emotions.

That all being said, this dessert is not a true tirimisu. There isn't mascarpone cheese in it. This isn't a true strawberry shortcake either. It is a layered "THING" of lady fingers, white chocolate mousse, and strawberries. The white chocolate mousse is flavored with fiori di sicilia, and the heart shaped cookies are Britannia biscuits.

For what it's worth--in the past I've made both, a strawberry shortcake, and tirimisu using Twinkies--they truly shine in this dish.

No comments: