Preheat oven to 350
4-5 Large cornbread muffins, cubed (good use of day old muffins or cornbread)
2 Eggs or equivalent of egg substitute
2 Tablespoons of sour cream
1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 Cup sugar or 3/4 Cup Splenda
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1/2 Teaspoon of Almond extract
8 oz can of crushed pineapple
Handful of raisins
Handful of sliced almonds
- Mix egg, sour cream, sugar/splenda, and flavorings with crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Crumble cornbread into the wet stuff.
- Pour mixture into a buttered/prepared casserole dish or cake pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set and golden (center cannot jiggle like your grandma's upper arm)
Best served warm with vanilla or rum raisin ice cream.
If you want to make a noodle kugel, substitute one pound of cooked egg noodles for the cornbread. Cooking time remains the same.