Preparation Time : About 45 minutes (assuming you don't drink WHILE you're prepping.)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb sugar superfine -- powdered sugar
- 1 qt light cream
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rum Meyers -- Dark
- 1 pint flavored brandy (I like blackberry!) -- or vodka
- 1/2 gallon ice cream -- vanilla (get GOOD vanilla ice cream, you cheapskate.)
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 4 oz sugar 10 X -- sifted
- 1/2 fluid ounce vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gran Marnier
- Whip eggs and superfinepowdered sugar together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add liquor. Whip well. (I tend to dance around singing DEVO's "Whip It! Whip it good!")
- Add light cream. Whip again. (More DEVO!)
- Break up ice cream small and add 1/2 ice cream and 1/2 whipped cream and stir in well
- Float remaining ice cream and whipped cream on top. Grate fresh nutmeg and cinnamon over top lightly
- Serve with butter cookies.
Whipped Cream. Chill bowl and beater. Whip 1 qt heavy cream till tracks show. Add 4 oz sifted lox sugar. Add 1/2 oz Virginia Dare Vanilla. Continue beating, add Gran Marnier slowly while beating if you are adding it. Whip to medium soft peaks. Makes the 3 qt's required.
Chocolate Version. Use Double dark chocolate ice cream. Add 6 to 8 oz (about a cup) of Grand Marnier to the whipped cream with the vanilla slowly. Add a pint of Gran Marnier or Sabra Orange Chocolate liqueur instead of the vodka. Garnish with chocolate curls or grated dark chocolate.
Be sure to have a Merry Christmas by NOT driving after drinking