1 nectarine, sliced
1 orange, sliced
1 plum sliced
1 kiwi (peeled) sliced
some fresh pineapple chunks
1 bottle Gerwerstrameiner, (a sweet, Alsacian dessert wine)
1 jigger Grand Marnier
1 2 liter bottle Diet Sprite
- Squeeze juice from orange, and reserve.
- Put all of sliced fruit in layers in a container and put in freezer
- Optional: You might want to make a batch of special ice cubes as well. I set up the tray with regular tap water, and into each cube compartment, I put a few blueberries; any other small fruit would work, though.
- Ice down the wine and Diet Sprite
- When guests arrive, put fruit into chilled pitcher.
- Add the jigger of Grand Marnier to organge juice, the bottle of wine, and half the bottle of Sprite.
- Mix well and top off with a bit more sprite and fruit studded ice cubes.
What I ended up doing was continue to top off the pitcher with the Diet Sprite (no more wine to add to it), so that the subsequent glasses were getting weaker and weaker. Great as the evening winds down and guests have to drive themselves home.