Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Quick Pear Kuchen

Eventhough I have that Pear Marsala Cake sitting in my fridge at home, left over from Thanksgiving, I am DYING for a pear kuchen! I've got $30 in my checking account til payday, and think I can make the kuchen if I pick up a cake mix tonight:

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 pkg. Yellow or white cake mix
1/2 c. Sweetened, shredded coconut
4-6 Poached pear halves, sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. Spice of your choosing. Tonight it might be nutmeg
1 c. Yogurt
2 egg yolks or 1 egg

Procedure:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut butter into cake mix (dry) until crumbly. Mix in coconut. Put mixture lightly into ungreased tart pan, building up slight edges. Bake 10 minutes.

Arrange pears slices on warm crust, pinwheel style.

Mix sugar and spice. Mix yogurt and egg; drizzle over fruit (topping will not completely cover fruit).

Bake 25 minutes or until edges are light brown (Do not overbake). Serve warm.

No comments: