Thursday, February 25, 2016

German Styled Red Cabbage

This is a super simple recipe to set up in the Nesco pressure cooker (to be cooked off on the slow cooker setting). 

I was getting ready for work the other day and knew I was going to have schnitzel for dinner, and I cannot have schnitzel without the red cabbage. It's just a natural companion.

This really is a no brainer. I'm not super sure of the volume of cabbage as I relied on a plastic tub of it already shredded; but if I had to guess, the volume would be 1/2 of a nice sized red cabbage*, shredded.

Ingredients:

2T Grapeseed oil
1 Red onion diced
4 oz Diced pancetta/bacon
Red cabbage (volume listed above)*
1 T Minced, fresh ginger
1 Braeburn apple (I peeled it; then had the bright idea to use the peeler to shave the apple completely)

Give everything one good stir and set the Nesco to slow cook for 4.5 hours. DONE. All you need to do is adjust the salt when you get home, and add white and black pepper to your preference.

DONE. Doesn't get any easier than this.

No comments: