Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Just a few photos I managed to save from our Thanksgiving this year. My menu doesn't vary all that much from year to year. 

 Flowers I bought for the hostess (me!).
We went from originally having six people to twelve;
I needed to rent an additional table and chairs to
accommodate everyone.
 Here I am, the night before, pouletting the bird
after having spatchcocked it.
 Sorry, no photos of it in the roasted state.
But it was delicious.
 The view everyone sees when they came
into our home.
PS: That "Give Thanks" banner stays up all year long.
 Beverages offered: Sangria, Dark and Stormies,
and apple cider spiked with Apple Jack and
spiced bitters.
What to do with leftovers? Deep dish Thanksgiving Pie!
Hint: Canned buttermilk biscuits form the "crust,"
then you layer all the leftovers in, bake it for 20-25 minutes.
BOOM. Thanksgiving Pie.

No comments: