Monday, September 11, 2023

Most Recent Masterpiece

In June, a dear friend from work left for a new job, and to celebrate that, I baked a cake for him.

The cake itself was just a plain ol' yellow box mix which I tricked out thusly: In lieu of oil, I used ghee, and in lieu of water, I used buttermilk.

Additionally, I was going for a Good Humor strawberry shortcake kind of esthetic, so the cake layers themselves were done up as an old school Jello poke cake with strawberry jello. The interior layer was filled with strawberry preserves, and vanilla buttercream. The exterior was crumb coated with Strawberry Crunch Recipe which a mixture of Golden Oreos, butter, and pulverized dehydrated strawberries--I omitted the additional Jello. 

The top was decorated with an edible image from Judy's Edible Imagery. This was the very first time I ever used an edible image, and I was thoroughly pleased with the quality of the image, as well as the ease of applying it to the cake. Additionally, Judy was timely with her replies when I had a few questions. Everyone was wowed by the cake, and some are still talking about it.




No comments: