Tuesday, October 13, 2020

"Beforetimes" Meals Etc.

This post will have photos of some absolutely beautiful and delicious food I have enjoyed on vacations in the "Beforetimes," the time "BC," before COVID19.

Dessert at Oxte, Paris, 2019 June

There were more photos from this trip, and perhaps when I get up the gumption to do so, I will slap more photos herein.

Even though we did manage one final trip in January before the chaos of COVID19 has held us all hostage, and that trip was to Las Vegas; the last time I got my passport stamped was in June 2019, when we traveled to Paris and then onto Zurich. 

As I sit and gaze upon that lovely dessert, I can remember all the tastes and textures, as well as the simplicity of the decor of the restaurant, and even can recall the weather on that particular day.

I was still struggling to walk after a pretty traumatic ankle injury (all soft tissue) in May, which happened in Mexico for what should have been a long weekend get away, tagging along on a business trip, and yet, it was a lovely trip, plenty of good food, and even a pleasantly unexpected conversation with a fellow traveler in the garden at the Rodin Museum, as we mused about positive psychology and happiness, concluded with a kiss on each cheek. 
 
I remember her name, Rosewe or Rosewa, and I was too in the moment to bother asking for her email address. It is just as well, as any follow up to our moments in the garden would be like trying to grasp a rainbow. 

Our trip to Paris and Zurich still feels like it just happened; and yet at the same time, it feels like a lifetime ago, and the uncertainty of when it will be safe to travel internationally again only makes it feel like an eternity has to pass for it to happen again.

No comments: