3/4 Cup Shortening (I prefer butter flavored Crisco)
3/4 Cup Sugar (I am going to use that brown sugar Splenda blend)
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 1/4 Cups Flour (I use oat)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all wet and all dry ingredients separately, then mix to incorporate.
- Chill at least two hours.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll in superfine sugar.
- Press thin (use the bottom of a jelly glass). And by "thin" it's roughly 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.