- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) real butter. (Margarine will make this come out gross.)
- 1/2 c. flour
- 5 c. whole milk (Skim milk is nasty, people.)
- 4 (or 5!) c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 shakes of hot sauce (Crystal or Tabasco)
- minced onion (if wanted)
- minced garlic(if wanted)
- pepper and salt to taste
- In a LARGE pot, melt the butter.
- Add everything but the milk, and stir until blended.
- Add the milk, and bring to a simmer.
- SLOWLY add three cups of shredded cheese, stirring constantly, until it melts.
- Put the macaroni in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour the cheese mix on top; give it a few minutes to percolate down through the mac.
- Carefully stir the mac and cheese. (in fact, put that whole pan on a cookie sheet, unless you want to scrape cooked cheese off the bottom of the oven.)
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese (and any extras***) on top.
Bake at 350 for forty-five minutes, or until gold and bubbly.
You can top this with bread crumbs, if you want.
** You can also put stewed tomatoes in it, if you're a heathen. Or, crumbled up bacon.