Sunday, June 12, 2022

Note to self: Maven, just stop!

Follow up, and then some, on previous post. 

I thought the Charlotte Russe was lovely, however, in hindsight, it was met with what I feel was a lukewarm response. Why bother anymore? Also? When I got home, I realize they never put the bottom of my springform pan in my bag, this rendering my springform ring itself useless without the bottom. That is 50% on me. I should have built the dessert in a disposable pan. Rather than quibble about it, I bought a new set of springform pans, as those friends are not local, and I don’t anticipate seeing them again anytime soon. Furthermore, no text has been forthcoming about the bottom of the springform pan. It’s a goner. Whatever. I knew better. 

Moving on…

There was another post about yet another dessert I could have blogged about, a tiramisu containing churros instead of sponge lady fingers. And how I brought it to the office, and how after one full week, only one serving was eaten. 

In contrast, all the ultra-sweet Little Debbie jelly rolls I dumped on the table, which I was going to use for the Charlotte Russe? Those? More interest was shown to those. 

It almost is enough to give me an inferiority complex. And I give up bringing anything else to the office. Before the pandemic, I made & brought in two different babkas—no interest. Wtf. 

Anyway. Today I might make banana pudding for myself, or something where I will use the mangoes my dear friend gave me. No blog post  will be forthcoming on that. I am just not feeling it today. 

No comments: