Monday, December 12, 2022

Gratuitous Cookie Post

Not much to report here, and no recipes provided, but wanted to share this year’s holiday cookie baking photos. 

I try to keep things interesting for me, as it is quite the undertaking. I started a week ago by setting out & measuring all the dry ingredients so i didn’t have to fuss around with that as that is its own task. 

I wanted to try the Leckerli recipe in Dorie Greenspan’s Cookie Book, but couldn’t wrap my brain around the process. Luckily someone uploaded a video on YouTube recently which really clarified things for me. I made a double batch. https://youtu.be/tlIcUhJFjUM

I made red velvet cookies and tricked some out with white chocolate kisses or dark chocolate nonpareils, and some with crushed candy canes. 

I made a triple batch of ice box cookies which i tricked out with different colorings and flavorings. This year’s favorite of mine was caramel mochaccino, which I cut out as some little bears. 






No comments: